SCS for the Sole Practitioner
The compliance pressures for sole practitioners continue to grow, and include:
- the introduction of the Conveyancing Quality Standard (‘CQS’), with the associated risk of falling off lenders’ panels unless compliance with this new Law Society standard can be achieved
- the greater obligations to show to the SRA that the practice is governed in an appropriate manner with the impending introduction of outcomes-focused regulation, and
- growing reticence by a number of the approved insurers to offer professional indemnity cover to sole practices
The Web4Law Sole Practitioner compliance manual is the essential compliance tool for all sole practices. The template manual and other supporting documents provide:
- a draft manual for adoption by firms of all types that are owned by one individual
- a set of retainer letters and terms of business for most work areas that are drafted for use the sole practitioner, plus
- a range of useful forms and precedents for management compliance requirements
The materials allow for the differences between those sole practices that employ other fee earners and/or support staff and the growing numbers of specialist advisers who operate entirely independently. Possible editing issues to arise from such distinctions are clearly marked in the text.
The materials, which have been designed to be used independently, are fully Lexcel compliant and also address the issues highlighted in section G of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme application process. Web4Law will be pleased to provide access to one of our expert compliance advisers to provide related consultancy advice if required.
Reduced rate subscription to our 'SCS' continuing compliance service (the Web4Law Solicitors Compliance Service) - offer available to sole practitioners only
|2.a)||Half day visit by one of our compliance experts and short form report on key compliance issues||£500|
|2.b)||Full day visit to report on key compliance issues and to provide drafting advice on the manual/documents supplied||£800|
All prices shown exclude VAT. Travel expenses are also chargeable if travel to your office is required.
For further information, to discuss your particular situation, or to place an order, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we require all practices to respect the copyright in all our compliance materials. All materials provided are for use in your firm only and must not to be copied to any other firm or external organisation without our prior permission, other than the submission of your manual and related documents as part of your application for Lexcel or CQS certification.