Combating Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
Fee Earner Update
This course covers the six key compliance principles for fee earners:
- The Risk Principle part 1: client ID. Screening for situations of enhanced CDD.
- The Risk Principle part 2: matter risk. Fee earner responsibility for checking on beneficial interests and nature and purpose of the instructions.
- Privilege part 1: Taking instructions and the duty to disclose.
- Privilege part 2: Effecting the instructions and doing the deal: the need for client consents to disclosures
- When privilege breaks down: the right approach to the need for technical disclosures
- When a disclosure is needed or has been made: what can/must we tell the clients, other advisers and the other side?
Admin & Support Staff Update
This course covers issues encountered by support staff in applying CDD within the Money Laundering Regulations 2007:
- CDD v ID checking
- Understanding the fee earner’s responsibilities
- ID evidence on individuals and organisations
- Useful applications of on-line checks
- The disclosure regime and the risks of tipping off
For further information, please contact Mike Chard.